What? The new iPad Tablet. Could be awesome for schools. My teacher-roommate and I were discussing this the other day and how the iPad could revolutionize schools in the textbook/paperwork area.
So What? Imagine if all your textbooks were on your iPad. No more lugging books around, you still have the ability to highlight pages. If you could somehow just upload all the worksheets students need right onto their individual iPads, you wouldn't have to hand out papers or collect them. I don't even know if all these things are possible yet, but I think they COULD be! I also know it's a glorified laptop and only does 80% of what a laptop can, but the technology is there and hopefully it will just impove as time goes on.
Now What? The issue as always is cost, but it seems that once you buy them, you've got em. You wouldn't have to spend any more money on textbooks. Technology is always expensive when it first comes out and all the kinks haven't been smoothed out, but I say wait a couple years, give them suggestions for the education model and maybe one day we will see them in the classroom at every desk.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, the IPad is intense. I never really thought about using it for school though. That is a good idea, with text books. But I feel like students would have to be super careful, I mean that is one expensive textbook if you break it (although I guess it could be just used in the classroom and books left at home, then no one well ever have the excuse of forgetting their book in their locker, although this is a nice way to get out of a few minutes of class). Anyway, I have never used one, I really do not know too much about them, but they seem really cool and I think using them in school could actually be a good idea.
ReplyDeletePS I liked your last post to me (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
I really like this idea too. It would be so simple if we could eliminate text books, and could download them. I don't know very much about the ipad either, but this also seems something like the kindle could one day be capable of doing. I agree with Ashley in that these could be very expensive for students that don't handle them apropriately, but there are also kids that have expensive cell phones that they are able to take care of. In any case potentially a very cool and revolutionary idea.
ReplyDelete